Update October 2019.
From the stats I can see this blog series is still getting hammered for reference. Share the site for others to find it. Appreciate that. I don’t mind paying the domain fees then! Hope you enjoyed the series. Cheers Clint.
This blog post is to act as reference point for my VMware VCAP6-NV study guide that I created. 10 weeks of effort outside of work and life.
The study guide is working through the VCAP6-NV exam blueprint and blogging each exam objective.
The below lists content from VMware and the exam objectives that my blog covers.
- About the VCAP6-NV certification
- VCAP6-NV Exam Blueprint
- NSX 6.2 Installation Guide
- NSX 6.2 Administration Guide
- NSX 6.2 Cross-vCenter NSX Installation Guide
- NSX 6.2 Troubleshooting Guide
- NSX Brownfield Deployment Guide
- NSX for vSphere (NSX-V) Network Virtualisation Guide
- NSX Command Line Interface Guide
- NSX API Guide
vZealand.com Blog – Exam Objectives
- Introduction to the series and lab environment
- VCAP6-NV – Exam Environment
- Objective 1.1 – Deploy VMware NSX Infrastructure components
- How to Replace NSX Manager Self-Signed Certificate with CA Signed Certificate
- Objective 1.2 – Prepare Host Clusters for Network Virtualization
- Objective 1.3 – Configure and Manage Transport Zones
- Objective 2.1 – Create and Manage Logical Switches
- Objective 2.2 – Configure and Manage Layer 2 Bridging
- Objective 2.3 – Configure and Manage Routing
- Objective 3.1 – Configure and Manage Logical Load Balancing
- Objective 3.2 – Configure and Manage Logical Virtual Private Networks (IPSec VPNs)
- Objective 3.2 – Configure and Manage Logical Virtual Private Networks (SSL VPNs)
- Objective 3.2 – Configure and Manage Logical Virtual Private Networks (L2 VPNs)
- Objective 3.3 – Configure and Manage Additional VMware NSX Edge Services
- Objective 4.1 – Configure and Manage Logical Firewall Services
- Objective 4.2 – Configure and Manage Service Composer
- Objective 5.1 – Backup and Restore Network Configurations
- Objective 5.2 – Monitor a VMware NSX Implementation
- Objective 5.3 – Configure and Manage Role Based Access Control
- Objective 6.1 – Configure Cross vCenter VMware NSX infrastructure components
- Objective 6.2 – Configure and Manage Universal Logical Network Objects
- Objective 6.3 – Configure and Manage Universal Logical Security Objects
- Objective 7.1 – Troubleshoot Common VMware NSX Installation/Configuration Issues
- Objective 7.2 – Troubleshoot VMware NSX Connectivity Issues
- Objective 7.3 – Troubleshoot VMware NSX Edge Services Issues
- Objective 8.1 – Administer and Execute calls using the VMware NSX vSphere API
- VCAP6-NV Exam Experience
Hope you learn some software defined/network virtualisation goodness. enjoy.
Be Social; Please Share.